Another week, another box. Now that summer is in full swing, I am having a ball with all of the yummy surprises. Planning everything out like this helps ensure nothing is lost in the back of the fridge, but it isn't set in stone. I change it up if the mood strikes!
If you missed the past pickups, you can read about them HERE. This week we received:
- Peaches Sustainable
- Plums Sustainable
- Carrots Sustainable
- Arugula Certified Organic
- Bell Peppers Sustainable
- Hot Peppers Sustainable
- Radishes Certified Organic
- Basil Certified Organic
- Sicilian Eggplant Sustainable
- Purple Eggplant Sustainable
- Cucumbers Sustainable
- Green Beans Sustainable
- Scallions Sustainable
- Swiss Chard Sustainable
- Garlic Sustainable
- Tomatoes Sustainable
- BONUS!! Extra Peaches!!
Here's the plan:
- Plums, Peaches, Radishes, Scallions, Bell Pepper, and Cucumbers- Snacks... we are a very snack-ey people
- Carrots- I found Jemma sneaking into the fridge to snack on these... as if we didn't have enough snacks in the house?!
- Arugula and Green Beans- They became a yummy veggie-bean-couscous bowl right away!
- Hot Peppers- I might throw a few of these in Monday Macaroni, but we will probably be gifting the rest of these to people who enjoy the heat more than the girls
- Basil and Tomatoes- Tomato salad with the red onions from last week
- Swiss Chard- Macaroni Monday with sauteed onions and
- Eggplants- I'm thinking baba ganoush. If there are too many, I'll grill them up.
- Garlic- As an ingredient. We have quite a few, so I might roast some up to have on hand.
Do you participate in a CSA? Any tips for using up the yummy produce or favorite recipes?
For more information on Alstede Farms, please visit alstedefarms.com