Cooking My Way Through Our CSA: Week 11 (Early July)
Well, we picked up another CSA box this week. If you missed last week's pickup, you can read it HERE. This week we received:
- Blueberries – Sustainable*
- Broccoli – Sustainable
- Lettuce – Sustainable
- Radishes – Sustainable
- Kohlrabi – Sustainable
- Turnips – Sustainable
- Currants – Sustainable
- Raspberries – Sustainable
- Kale – Sustainable
- Collards – Sustainable
- Cherries – Sustainable
- Cauliflower – Sustainable
- Green Beans – Sustainable
- Onions – Sustainable
- Yellow Squash – Sustainable
- Cabbage – Sustainable
Here's the plan:
- Blueberries, raspberries, and cherries: Snacks for the girls, of course!
- Broccoli and cauliflower: Roasted up as a side on Saturday
- Kale and Cabbage: Lunch Salads for me (and kale chips if there is any extra)
- Collards: Collard Chips
- Radishes: Snacks for John and the girls. I am not a fan (except like this: Buttered Radish), but they are!
- Currants: I'm thinking breakfasts with granola. I've never had them, so it will be an experiment.
- Onions- In everything? I use them all. the. time.
- Kohlrabi and Turnips- In a grain bowl on Tuesday
- Green Beans: In pasta this Monday. I never made it last week, we wound up having them in a simple salad with peas last night.
- Yellow Squash: I was thinking of trying this recipe out: Summer Squash Gummy Candy. I will probably end up grilling it... Not sure what else to make. I'm not a huge fan of yellow squash.
Do you participate in a CSA? Any tips for using up the yummy produce or favorite recipes?
For more information on Alstede Farms, please visit alstedefarms.com