Cooking My Way Through Our CSA: Week 11 (Early July)


Well, we picked up another CSA box this week.  If you missed last week's pickup, you can read it HERE.  This week we received:
  • Blueberries – Sustainable*
  • Broccoli – Sustainable
  • Lettuce – Sustainable
  • Radishes – Sustainable
  • Kohlrabi – Sustainable
  • Turnips – Sustainable
  • Currants – Sustainable
  • Raspberries – Sustainable
  • Kale – Sustainable
  • Collards – Sustainable
  • Cherries – Sustainable
  • Cauliflower – Sustainable
  • Green Beans – Sustainable
  • Onions – Sustainable
  • Yellow Squash – Sustainable
  • Cabbage – Sustainable

Here's the plan:
Radish Baby!
  • Blueberries, raspberries, and cherries: Snacks for the girls, of course!
  • Broccoli and cauliflower: Roasted up as a side on Saturday
  • Kale and Cabbage: Lunch Salads for me (and kale chips if there is any extra)
  • Collards: Collard Chips
  • Radishes: Snacks for John and the girls.  I am not a fan (except like this: Buttered Radish), but they are!
  • Currants: I'm thinking breakfasts with granola.  I've never had them, so it will be an experiment.
  • Onions- In everything?  I use them all. the. time.  
  • Kohlrabi and Turnips- In a grain bowl on Tuesday
  • Green Beans: In pasta this Monday.  I never made it last week, we wound up having them in a simple salad with peas last night. 
  • Yellow Squash: I was thinking of trying this recipe out: Summer Squash Gummy Candy.  I will probably end up grilling it... Not sure what else to make.  I'm not a huge fan of yellow squash.

Do you participate in a CSA?  Any tips for using up the yummy produce or favorite recipes?

For more information on Alstede Farms, please visit alstedefarms.com

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment