Cooking My Way Through Our CSA: Week 12 (Mid-July)
Well, we picked up another CSA box this week. If you missed the past pickups, you can read about them HERE. This week we received:
- Blueberries – Sustainable*
- Broccoli – Sustainable
- Lettuce – Sustainable
- Garlic – Sustainable
- Sweet Corn– Sustainable
- Lodi Apples– Sustainable
- Beets with Greens– Sustainable
- Raspberries – Sustainable
- Kale – Sustainable
- Collards – Sustainable
- Cucumbers– Sustainable
- Basil– Sustainable
- Green Beans – Sustainable
- Onions – Sustainable
- Yellow Squash – Sustainable
Here's the plan:
- Blueberries and raspberries: Snacks for the girls, of course!
- Broccoli: Roasted up as a side over the weekend
- Apples: Snacks for a trip we are taking soon
- Lettuce and Kale: Lunch Salads for me
- Collards: I still haven't made the Collard Chips from last week, and there's still a container of Kale chips left to eat. I'm not sure what to make... any ideas?
- Onions and Garlic- In everything? I use them all. the. time.
- Green Beans: I'm thinking of making this salad Saturday for dinner, but with a different dressing. We have a fun BBQ event at our lake in the afternoon, so this is a perfect, light dinner.
- Sweet Corn: Boiled up to eat over the weekend. The girls could LIVE on corn on the cob
- Beets: I separated the greens from the beets themselves. I'm saving the beets for next week, but the greens will get cooked up with the collards... possibly.
- Basil: Friday is always Pizza Friday in our house, so I'm thinking some basil pizza is in order. I may try dehydrating some, too.
- Cucumbers: Snacks for the girls... Juliet adores them!
- Yellow Squash: I broiled the squash from last week, so I may still try this recipe out: Summer Squash Gummy Candy.
Do you participate in a CSA? Any tips for using up the yummy produce or favorite recipes?
For more information on Alstede Farms, please visit alstedefarms.com