Cooking My Way Through Our CSA: Week 12 (Mid-July)



Well, we picked up another CSA box this week.  If you missed the past pickups, you can read about them HERE.  This week we received:
  • Blueberries – Sustainable*
  • Broccoli – Sustainable
  • Lettuce – Sustainable
  • Garlic – Sustainable
  • Sweet Corn– Sustainable
  • Lodi Apples– Sustainable
  • Beets with Greens– Sustainable
  • Raspberries – Sustainable
  • Kale – Sustainable
  • Collards – Sustainable
  • Cucumbers– Sustainable
  • Basil– Sustainable
  • Green Beans – Sustainable
  • Onions – Sustainable
  • Yellow Squash – Sustainable

Here's the plan:

  • Blueberries and raspberries: Snacks for the girls, of course!
  • Broccoli: Roasted up as a side over the weekend
  • Apples: Snacks for a trip we are taking soon
  • Lettuce and Kale: Lunch Salads for me
  • Collards: I still haven't made the Collard Chips from last week, and there's still a container of Kale chips left to eat.  I'm not sure what to make... any ideas?
  • Onions and Garlic- In everything?  I use them all. the. time.  
  • Green Beans:  I'm thinking of making this salad Saturday for dinner, but with a different dressing.  We have a fun BBQ event at our lake in the afternoon, so this is a perfect, light dinner.  
  • Sweet Corn: Boiled up to eat over the weekend.  The girls could LIVE on corn on the cob
  • Beets: I separated the greens from the beets themselves.  I'm saving the beets for next week, but the greens will get cooked up with the collards... possibly.
  • Basil: Friday is always Pizza Friday in our house, so I'm thinking some basil pizza is in order.  I may try dehydrating some, too.  
  • Cucumbers: Snacks for the girls... Juliet adores them!
  • Yellow Squash: I broiled the squash from last week, so I may still try this recipe out: Summer Squash Gummy Candy.


Do you participate in a CSA?  Any tips for using up the yummy produce or favorite recipes?

For more information on Alstede Farms, please visit alstedefarms.com

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment