Veggie Bowl: Green Bean and Sauteed Onion (with some kind of leafy green...)

I promised to share more of our easy veggie bowls... so here's another!

Oh how I love cooked onions.  I like them fried.  I like them caramelized.  I like them sauteed.  Oh, the sweet sweet yum!

Ahem... so I put them into a veggie bowl...

Am I the only one who gets all misty-eyed over veggies?  And not just because I was cutting onions?
Anyway.  Back to the bowl.  We had to blanch a few bags of green beans so as the onions cooked, Jemma and I snipped the ends (her term for cutting off the stems).

I really think she helps me cook just so she can sneak in extra tastes.
Once the were clean and snipped, I plunged them into boiling water until they were bright green, then put them in cold water.
I wanted to include a protein, so I grabbed a bag of beans I had pre-cooked and frozen from the freezer.  To defrost them, I just poured the boiling green bean water over the beans in the strainer.  Just as easy as canned, but cooked in bone broth!

I don't even know what greens we used.  Sorry.  But, I mixed them with the beans.
And the onions and some leftover couscous.
Mixed with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper?  Dinner's done!
I really can't get over how easy these bowls are.  They are kinda foolproof!  The sauteed onions in this particular bowl really bring it over the top.  
What's your favorite easy dinner to make?

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment