Fried Homemade Ravioli

A long, long time ago, I made macaroni by hand.  It was actually pretty easy.  Cost-wise, I knew I wouldn't make the plain stuff again (I can get it for a great price with minimal ingredients), but the ravioli was a dream.  It was cheap to make, and I could do it any number of ways.  

Then, I never made it again.  

That changed this past weekend.  

First, I mixed together flour, water, salt, and an egg.  
I started with 1 cup of flour and 1 egg, and just kept adding water and flour until it was a dough-like consistency.  Once it was ready, I rolled it out.  
Then, I pulled out my handy-dandy ravioli cutters.  Last time, I used glasses to make the circles, but since then, I treated myself to ravioli sealer/cutters.  I feel so fancy!
I filled it in with a little butternut squash puree.  
Then, I sealed it!
Now, normally, I would just boil them.  This time was different.  This time... was fried!  John just discovered that I had never experienced fried ravis and set out to remedy that.  He breaded them...
Fried them up in coconut oil...

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 comments:

  1. Ooo fried ravioli makes it all the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this I would love. I even have my pasta maker sitting on the counter. I really need to make some ravioli!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love homemade ravioli, I made sourdough ravioli a few months ago!
    http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/01/pumpkin-ravioli-with-basil-browned.html

    I've never heard of frying the ravioli, that sounds like a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I found your blog from Nourishing Gourmet (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my your raviolis look amazing, I have never tried home made pasta, you make it look so easy. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop!

    ReplyDelete