Cheesey Broccoli Bite Fail!

So.  This isn't really a faaaaiiiill per say, because it is still really yummy.  It is more of a "failure to read" on my part.  I just realized this as I re-read the recipe in order to post it.  Let me explain...

You may have noticed my love for our new freezer.  We keep it well-stocked with all kinds of goodies and are always on the lookout for new ideas.  I stumbled upon this recipe for Broccoli and Cheese Nuggets and I was sold. 

First, I shredded up lots of raw milk cheddar cheese.  


Then, I added in 3 eggs.
1 big bag of frozen broccoli got chopped up and added in.
Then, I mixed it all together.
The mixed up yumminess was formed into nuggets and frozen.  The problem was, they didn't really stay together.
We did bake a few of them to see how they were.  They were supposed to bake at 375*  for 15 minutes, get flipped, and bake for 10 more minutes.  Check out the original recipe to see what they were SUPPOSED to look like.  Ours didn't look like that.  In fact, we couldn't flip them at all.  They just cooked for about a half hour on one side and we called it a day.
Tasty like crazy, yes.  Nuggets, no.  Not at all.  In fact, they tasted like this!!

As I read the original recipe, I realized that we didn't add the breadcrumbs!  The original recipe called for BREADCRUMBS.  I feel so silly, but I had to share it.  I can't be the only person that does ridiculous things like this, and I want you to know, you are not alone!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 comments:

  1. I do that sometimes too and it is soooo frustrating. Although sometimes you might even end up with something better. Not often though.

    ReplyDelete