Sweet Potater-tots

MMmmmmmm.... Sweet potatoes!  I love 'em in any form, but this recipe was a new one for me.  Based upon this post at Fab Frugal Food, it is not only delicious, but also easy to make and freezer-friendly! 

I started out with 4 potatoes.  
 I sliced them up so they would fit into the food processor, but I didn't peel them.  It is too much work and I kinda like the skins.  
Slowly, they were jammed into the food processor to be shredded.
FYI, I doubled the recipe right off the top.  It made for a LOT of shredded potatoes.  
Then, I baked the shreds in the oven to dry them out a bit.
While they baked, I gathered together some spices.  I also found some cornstarch and flour to help bind the lil' tots together.  
When the shreds were a little drier, I threw them into a (much bigger!) bowl with the seasonings.  
John helped out by shaping the potato-spice mixture into little golf-ball sized tots.  We froze some just like that, and the rest we fried in coconut oil.  
Wow, wow, wow... and I am not talking about my lack of photography skills!  These little suckers were deeeeelish.  Bigger than traditional tater tots, and a bit sweet, these hit the spot.  Having a bunch ready to defrost and eat later is a bonus, too!

This post was featured on Tasty Tuesday at 33 Shades of Green!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 comments:

  1. yum! I love sweet potato!

    http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/03/baked-egg-in-jacket-sweet-potato-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Tasty Tuesdays...these look so delicious! Really unique too, never seen anything like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh - these look amazing! I would love to make these as appetizers for a party. Yum.

    Thanks so much for linking up!
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete