Easter Eve Breakfast

In our house, I cook during the week (except for the nights I work late) and John cooks on the weekend.  He is especially good at whipping up weekend breakfasts.  That is a good thing, because by Saturday morning, I am too exhausted to even crack an egg.  This past weekend, he made a simple feast that was SO good I had to share.  

Runny fried eggs cooked in bacon grease, crusty bread toasted with sausage grease, bacon, and strawberries. 
I'll tell you the secret ingredient to his yummy eggs, but you have to PROMISE not to tell!  He sprinkles the eggs with salt and CINNAMON!

This post was featured on "Let's Do Brunch" with the 21st century housewife and The Pennywise Platter with the Nourishing Gourmet!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 comments:

  1. Cinnamon?! That sounds so strange but now I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....cinnamon. They wouldn't be sweet as the cinnamon by itself is just cinnamon-y. I have eggs nearly every morning...i think I will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinnamon...I love it! I am so anxious to try this for our breakfast tomorrow. Yes - it sounds odd, cinnamon is one of those spices that is used in main dish meals in other cultures, so I am thinking that this is going to be delicious!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Love,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this delicious meal with Let's Do Brunch - I am really intrigued by the cinnamon - it sounds wonderful! I bet it adds a terrific depth of flavour to the eggs - yum! Thanks again for sharing, and hope to see you at the Let's Do Brunch linky again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete