Garden Sneak Peek: Herbs

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in NJ.  I took full advantage of it, spending my morning outside tidying up.  My camera just so happened to come outside with me, and I snapped a few shots so I could share our garden with you!

The herb pots.
The herb pots contain:
3 kind of basil (regular, purple, and lemon)...
Oregano...
Rosemary...
Curly Parsley...
 Aloe...
 Horseradish...
 and the lettuce bowl.  This has some pathetic seedlings we grew, arugula, and butter lettuce.
All of the potted plants (aside from the puny seedlings) were purchased while we were on vacation.  Near the seedlings is our garlic plot.  John grew this from other garlics. 
They are huge!
I managed a mini-harvest today while I was poking around.  
By type?  Basils, oregano, and parsley...
Butter lettuce.
The lettuce became my lunch, along with a tomato, some blueberries, and John's hummus.
Before I go, here are a few other shots from the garden... Enjoy!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 comments:

  1. I love it all! Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the herb garden... I REALLY need to get mine going... we finally have a spot now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. I am working on my herb garden. I am going to be doing some in containers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've inspired me to get my herb garden started. Love all those fresh greens and your beautiful pictures.
    Check out my herb post at http://glutenfreewithjudee.blogspot.com/2010/09/think-culinary-herbs-to-boost-immune.html

    I am your newest follower. I hope you will follow me back..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little herbs in pots are so cute! Sounds like a nice day to get to work outside. I am not sure about your blueberries with hummus, though. :)

    ReplyDelete