Lemon-Creamy Chicken and Macaroni... with a salad!

Monday Macaroni this week featured some leftover chicken... How delish!

The first thing I did was saute some onions and leek in olive oil.  I bet you thought I was going to say onion and garlic in butter.  Hah!  I tricked you!  Really, I used olive oil because we were out of butter.  
When it was smelling good, I added in 1/2 cup of chicken broth. 
I let it come to a boil and then added in 3/4 cup of the cream from the top of the milk, some thyme, salt, and a few splashes of lemon juice. 
When it was all nice and warm, I added in leftover roasted chicken
I turned the heat up a bit, and let the chicken warm up.
It was perfect served over macaroni!
Although it had some onions in it, this dish really needed a salad with it.  What kind... hmm....  Dandelion Greens!
I whipped up a quick dressing by chopping up some garlic and leeks...
... and mixed it with a 1:1 ratio of olive oil and rice wine vinegar and a bit of salt.
Topped with dried cranberries, it was a good mix of bitter and sweet.
This post was shared with the Hearth and Soul Bloghop and Fat Tuesday!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious!! My family does not eat chicken, but I bet it would work with canned salmon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what lemon can do to recipes, and I really like the idea of adding the lemon to this - it would make the macaroni dish tastes extra delicious! Thank you for sharing this post with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique combination of flavors. It looks absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing this with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete