Egg Drop-ish Soup

I've been fighting a cold (apparently I can't grow a baby AND fight germs at the same time) so I decided to make soup.  I wanted to fill up on some yummy and healing chicken broth and John loves soup... WIN-WIN!

I had a weird feeling that John wanted eggs for dinner (turns out I was right, he did) so I decided to try a variation on egg-drop soup.  Before I could do anything, though, I had to defrost some chicken broth.  6 cups worth, to be exact.
While they got to work, I sauteed carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and green onions in butter.  
When they were soft-ish and delish, I added in leftover turkey that I had frozen from Thanksgiving.
By the time that was done, the broth was nice and hot.  I added the pan of veggies-n-poultry to the broth.
I added in some soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil and brought it to a boil.
As I waited for it to boil, I scrambled up 5 eggs.
Now here was the tough part... I had to sloooooooowly pour the eggs into the boiling soup.
It boiled for a little longer...
... and then was ready to enjoy!


This post was shared with Fight Back Friday on the Food Renegade!

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment