Cranberry-Cider Muffins

While the weather has been wacky here in NJ this year, there has been a definite chill in the air more often than not this month.  Perfect baking weather!  We received cranberries in our CSA recently, and I decided to make cranberry muffins with them.  YUM!

First, I assembled the ingredients (mostly to photograph, but also to be prepared):
Then, I mixed together 1/2 cup grassfed butter and 1 cup of coconut palm sugar.  That's John's favorite sugar to bake with at the moment.  
They were beaten together, and then 2 pastured eggs were added to the mix, one at a time.
In a separate bowl, I stirred together 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
I slowly poured the dry ingredients into the first bowl.  
As I did that, I also added in 1 tsp and 1/2 a cup of Apple Cider.  Every recipe I saw called for orange juice, but I didn't have any.  I decided to go seasonal and use the cider.  
Now, it was time for the cranberries.  I chopped up 2 cups in the food processor.
When they were all chopped, I folded them into the batter. 
Each was spooned into a muffin spot for baking.
After 25 minutes at 375* they looked like this:
They were so delicious!  Moist, tart, AND sweet!!!!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments: