Stuffed Artichokes

John and I stopped by my parents' house for a visit.  My dad was prepping some artichokes to be stuffed and he was more that willing to share the wealth with his FAVORITE* daughter and son-in-law.  

He had boiled them and then cut them in half length-wise.  The choke was then scooped out.  I had never stuffed open artichokes and was excited to try it!
In a separate bowl I combined breadcrumbs, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and oregano.  Olive oil was then drizzled in slowly as I mixed it up.
When the stuffing had a nice consistency, I filled in the part of the artichokes that once held the chokes (my dad scooped them out).
It was broiled in the oven until it was juuuuust turning brown.  Then I promptly forgot to take them out, so they are a LITTLE overdone. 
Even though they were a bit overcooked, they were SO DELICIOUS.  It was much easier to stuff and eat them this way, although I think John and I prefer the traditional stuffed artichokes with a little filling on each leaf.  

*I am an only child

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious. My roommate used to cook artichokes and they were so good but I never really learned how to do it myself. I think I will give them a try though now that I have read this. Thanks for linking up to Vegetarian Foodie Fridays!

    ReplyDelete