Convenience Food Re-do: Chicken Nuggets!

I have mentioned a few convenience foods that I've re-done, and I thought it was time to share another.  I have been in dire need of convenience items lately because I have taken on a second full-time job.  I am now constantly on the go (leaving less time for poor little Crest Cottage Creations) and am finding myself with less and less time to create in the kitchen.  Luckily, I have little tricks like this up my sleeve!
I purchased a family pack of chicken thighs from Whole Foods... Not the best available (from local happy chickens), but better than conventionally raised chickens.  Compromise is the name of the game.  

I took those thighs (because they are cheaper and juicer than breasts) and cut them into equal-ish sized pieces.  
I threw a ton of flour into the bowl and mixed it up to coat it all. 
I added in a mixed up egg...
... and then my custom breadcrumb mix.  I took the plain breadcrumbs and added garlic powder, parsely, oregano, and salt.  
The coated up chicken was mixed up and then spread evenly on a baking sheet. 
I baked it up at 350* for about 15-20 minutes. At the end of the baking, they were perfect!!
They were so juicy!!!
Once cooled, the whole baking sheet went into the freezer.  After they were frozen, I stuck the chicken nuggets into a baggie and they are good to go!

This post was featured on Real Food Wednesday, hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Monday Mania at the Healthy Home Economist, Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade, and  Pennywise Platter Thursday at the Nourishing Gourmet!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 comments:

  1. So much more preferred than whatever they serve outside. Fantastic! Could make great sandwiches too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How quick and easy - I will have to try this for my crew.

    ReplyDelete