Thai-ish Peanut Noodles

I love to make Asian food at home.  Fried rice, egg rolls, soups, you name it.  This past week I made some extra yummy peanut noodles, a nice spin on our traditional Macaroni Monday fare.  It is really quick to make, and can include all kinds of veggies, depending on what you have on hand.  Our produce bin was looking quite bare at this point, so I only used carrots and frozen peas.  No matter, it was still delish!

I gathered all the ingredients up first, to make sure I had enough of everything.
In a pan, I combined a few cloves of garlic, 1/4 t red pepper flakes, 1 T of brown sugar, and tons of ginger (I love ginger) with some butter and let the flavors heat up together.
When the pan smelled good, I added in 5 T soy sauce, 4 T rice wine vinegar, 4 T creamy peanut butter, and 1 T maple peanut butter.


As it heated up, it was all stirred together.
In the meantime, I cooked up a box of whole wheat spaghetti, and shredded up a few carrots.  They were added to the sauce, along with frozen peas.
I mixed it together and covered up the pan to defrost the peas.  When it was done?  YUM!
This post was featured at Meatless Mondays hosted by Midnight Maniac

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments: