Jackie McMuffins

When I was a kid, my dad used to make me Jackie McMuffins.  I hope we don't get in trouble for calling them that, but it is what we named them. I was feeling sentimental and my parents gave us some English muffins, so I made them again.

First, I lightly cooked up 2 eggs.  I tried to make them perfect circles using mason jar rings, but it didn't work.
While they cooked, I buttered up the muffins and toasted them.
When the eggs were done, I placed them on the muffins and topped them with some raw cheddar.  
They were a perfect start to the day!

This post was shared on the Hearth and Soul Hop and Scratch Cookin' Tuesday!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 comments:

  1. I'm really into English muffins lately. I made some last week that were ok but I want to experiment some more and see if I can't make them better. We ate them with scrambled eggs and cheese...so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you use to help them keep their shape? That is the only reason I haven't made any yet, and I have wanted to for a while!

      Delete
  2. Well, I only recently learned that the dough is supposed to be really wet so I never had trouble shaping them...just rolled out the dough and used a cookie cutter to cut them. Since I learned the dough is to be more runny, I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe I'll just do free-form? Or perhaps try setting the cookie cutter on the skillet and pouring the dough in. I don't know. I'd really like those fancy English muffin molds but I don't think I need another thing to store in my kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fried egg sandwiches! One of my favs. :) When I was a kid, we would make eggs in a basket. We would cut a whole in some bread, put it into a pan, crack an egg in it, and let it cook. Brings back memories! Thanks so much for sharing with Hearth and Soul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious way to start the day - perfect for active teenagers! I like the idea of using canning lids or metal biscuit cutters to try to keep the eggs somewhat round.

    ReplyDelete