An Exploration into Hyssop

In our CSA last week we received hyssop.  I had No. Idea. what it was or what to do with it.  Some quick Googling (is that how you spell it?  Drop the "e" add -ing?) showed me that it was an herb with a minty taste that either works well with licorice flavor or tastes like it.  Not sure.  
Anyway, most of the recipes were with carrots.  My favorite was this one.  I didn't have olives, but that was the only thing I didn't have.  Perfect!

I shredded up a bunch of carrots in the food processor.
The leftover pieces were perfect for a salad!
Anyway, I mixed it together with a ton of hyssop.
To season and dress it, I used balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
John couldn't quite place the flavor of the hyssop, but he really liked it!  Now I am excited to find other uses for it!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

  1. Is hyssop the same as tarragon? I have that in my herb garden and it tastes a little like licorice. I'm off to the Google to find out :)

    ReplyDelete