Butternut Squash and Arugula Macaroni

This Macaroni Monday post comes to you from my pre-Jemma photo archives.  I made this back in January and I just realized I never shared it.  I guess I got preoccupied with pictures like this, instead!
Sorry, just had to share!

Anyway, on to the food, which is the real reason you are here, right?  I started by taking the top off of a head of garlic and slicing up a butternut squash.
I mixed together some olive oil and rosemary to brush on the squash.
Once the squash was coated, I put it in the oven at 400*.  
In the meantime, I melted butter in our cast iron skillet.  There are few things that smell better than hot butter!
I added tons and tons of sliced onions to caramelize.
It's crazy how small and tasty they get!
I took the onions out of the pan and added in more butter.  I used it to wilt down arugula.
I added in the cooked butternut squash and roasted garlic.
The tastiest part was the Parmesan cheese!
The whole concoction sat on top of macaroni and was perfect!
This post was shared on Simple Lives Thursday!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 comments:

  1. Jackie, she is such a little John! I'm sure you NEVER hear that, right? :) That's okay, everybody says all of ours look like Brad :)

    This recipe looks tasty! I'm making that Cheesy Chili Pie for supper tonight. Smells great so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah, everyone says so. Her eyes and up are so much like him it is scary! Your kids totally look like Brad. I wonder if it is nature's way of reminding them that they are their kids, too! Let me know how the Chili Pie goes!

      Delete
    2. It was great! Brad had thirds, if that tells you anything :) Thanks for that recipe idea!

      Delete