Pancake Mix

In preparing for the arrival for our new baby, I have been making as many things to freeze as possible.  This pancake mix is one of them!  It can be used for waffles and biscuits, too, but I usually make pancakes with it.  

The hardest part of making the pancake mix is cutting the butter into the flour... and even that isn't that hard.  Nonetheless, I felt compelled to make it easier on myself.  I took a whole chunk (1 cup) of frozen butter and popped it into the food processor.
I let the butter go until it formed little butter balls.  In the meantime, I mixed together the dry ingredients (5 cups of flour, 1/4 cup baking powder, 2 T coconut palm sugar, and 1 t salt.
The butter was done, so I added it into the dry ingredients and stirred it together.
Now, the mix is ready to store!  The pancake recipe uses 2 cups of mix at a time, so that is the amount I freeze in each bag.
How do I use it?  Bacon Pancakes!!!
This post was shared on Your Green Resource!

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment