Macaroni Monday: Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo

One of John's favorite meals is Fettuccine Alfredo.  I never really made it in the past, because that much dairy rarely agreed with my stomach.  Once we switched over to raw, grassfed dairy, my belly stopped having temper tantrums, but I forgot all about poor John's favorite.  Until... I ordered cream and decided to take the plunge.  I used this recipe for the sauce, mostly. 

First, I melted down tons of butter.
Then, I smushed up lots of garlic and added it to the butter.
When it smelled delicious, I added in the raw milk cream and warmed it up.
While this was going in, I cut up some chicken thighs.  Usually, I buy whole chickens because they are more cost effective, but sometimes the thighs are a good price so I grab them for a special dinner.  The can be used the same way breasts are used, but are much, much juicier.
Back to the meal.  I melted down some chicken fat that I skimmed off of the top of stock in a separate pan from the sauce.
When it was nice and hot, I added the chicken to the pan.
 After the chicken was cooked, I added in some frozen broccoli.
At this point, the macaroni was cooked, the sauce was cooked, and the chicken/broccoli mixture was cooked.  The only thing left to do was mix it together!
I left the heat on low for a few minutes to help the sauce marry the other ingredients. 
I served it up with tons of parmesean cheese and a kale/tomato salad.  Mmmmm!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments: