Chicken and Rice

John loves chicken and rice.  I am trying and trying to perfect the recipe, but I have been failing.  This try was pretty close to perfect.  Check it out!

First, I sliced up some chicken thighs.  I made sure they were really thin so they would cook quickly.  
Then, I had to create a marinade.  It was supposed to be made with barbecue sauce, but I wanted to make my own.  Unfortunately, I didn't think of this in time, and didn't have a good recipe ready.  I ended up just winging it.  How?  With one small can of tomato paste and an equal amount of vinegar.  
I mixed it up and added in brown sugar, salt, and garlic.  
I mixed it with the chicken and let it marinade.  The next day, I threw it all in a pan to cook.
In the meantime, I melted down chicken stock.  
When it was melted, I added 2 cups of brown rice and the cooked chicken (and the sauce it was cooking in).
Then, it just cooked and cooked on low.  Occasionally, I stirred it. 
John liked it with toasted slivered almonds...
... But I like it just plain!

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment