Steak Sandwich with Olive Spread

Hello!

This yummy meal is based upon something I saw in a Giada's Kitchen, Rib-Eye Steak with Black Olive Vinaigrette.  

John was in charge of the steak.  He is the best!  He covers it in butter and cooks it up on the grill pan.  
While he handled that, I got to work making the olive dressing.  The recipe called for 1/2 cup of black olives.  While I assume it means the canned kind, we didn't have any.  We DID have some yummy other olives, though.  
Once they were pitted (a messy, messy task let me tell you!)...
They went into the tiny food processor with 4 T red wine vinegar, 1 T mustard, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 t salt, a few sprinklings of parsley, and 3 T of Olive Oil.  
The little food processor gave it a whirl and turned it into a delightful spread!
I put it on a piece of bread... doesn't it look great?!
Layered with the steak and John's home made roasted peppers?  Perfect!

Share this:

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

  1. I don't usually like olives, but I do like olive spreads (go figure).

    ReplyDelete